*To propagate the principles of truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness, and public accountability in all spheres of our national life.
* To publish accurate, unbiased, apolitical news and information, bearing public interest in mind.
* To relentlessly pursue the acquisition of credible information and the subsequent dissemination to the public without censor.
* To always seek the truth and publish it without favour or fear.
* To be a powerful platform for citizen engagement and participation.
* To be a dependent and independent monitor of power and be a voice to the voiceless.
* To be the link between the government and the governed.
* To communicate to the public in a plain language and manner that would help with the readability and accessibility of our news stories, features and other editorial contents.
* To always uphold the ethical values of journalism.